Saturday, May 23, 2009

And So It Goes.....

The Memorial Day weekend has dawned bright and sunny, at least here 'neath the snow globe. It is interesting how the weather can impact upon - and even - mimic our mood. For the past four months almost every day seemed gray to me. Now, having navigated my self-propelled ship of fool (only room for one of us - go build your own) safely back home, it is as if technicolor has returned to my universe.

Of all the things of which I am most thankful, it is that having peace of mind again in the work component of my life, which is a major component of my day-to-day existence, has stripped me of any excuse or alibi for not stepping up in the other aspects of my life. In the months that I was sleepwalking thru my life, events continued to go on around me. And I had done little to contribute to them and, when problems arose, to helping to solve them. It feels good to be back.

And what a perfect way to celebrate the turning over of a new leaf - spending a great day with the woman I love and some good friends at a Springsteen concert. There may be better ways to kick off summer but at present, none leaps to the forefront of my mind.

-AK

No comments: